DISH: Poached Norwegian Salmon
CONTRIBUTED BY: Astrid E. Helle, Ambassador of Norway
800g Norwegian salmon fillet, skinned and deboned
2 slices lemon
2 stalks parsley, fresh curled
0.5dl white wine
half tsp salt
Hazel baked potatoes
0.5pcs cucumber, fresh
1tsp chili pepper, red
1.5tbsp cider vinegar
1 pinch salt
2dl crème fraîche
2 slices chives, fresh
0.5tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
- Cut the salmon into servings.
- Slice shallot and lemon and put in an oven-proof dish with parsley and white wine.
- Place the salmon in the dish with skin side up and sprinkle salt on the skin.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 8 minutes.
- Remove the skin before serving.
- Hazel baked potatoes – Peel potatoes and cut into 1 cm thick slices. Chop hazelnuts. Fold the potato slices in melted butter, then in hazelnuts and place on a baking tray with baking paper. Bake in the oven for approx. 20 minutes.
- Cucumber salad – Cut cucumber in small dices and finely chop chili. Mix all the ingredients for the cucumber salad and let sit in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Horseradish cream – Whisk crème fraîche stiff and fluffy. Grate horseradish and finely chop chives. Add horseradish, chives, mustard and lemon juice to the crème fraîche. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salmon with hazel baked potatoes, cucumber salad and horseradish cream.