COUNTRY: IVORY COAST
DISH: POULET BRAISÉ
CONTRIBUTED BY: Embassy, Mission in Pretoria
1.8kg chicken pieces (approx. 16)
¼ cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup crushed garlic
4 habanero chillies, or to taste
1 tablespoon canola oil
6 tomatoes, seeded, thinly sliced
1 red onion, peeled, thinly sliced
2-4 habanero chillies, thinly sliced (optional)
½ chicken stock cube, crumbled
Drizzle of neutral oil
- Place the marinade ingredients in a blender jug adding oil as needed to facilitate blending. Puree.
- Toss the chicken in the mixture, marinate (if desired) for 2 hours or overnight.
- Toss the tomatoes, onions and chillies (if using) with the stock cube. Drizzle lightly with oil. Set aside to juice up while the chicken is cooking.
- Cook the chicken over a hot grill until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with salad.