DISH: GREEN BANANAS and BEANS
CONTRIBUTED BY: Nadia Shaza, Spouse to the Ambassador
1lb of dried red kidney beans
4-5 green bananas
2 tablespoon palm oil
1 onion, chopped
salt and pepper
hot chili to taste
- Soak beans for at least 3 hours in plenty of water.
- Drain, place in pan and boil for about 40 minutes until beans are tender.
- Peel and chop the green bananas.
- Add palm oil to a pan and brown the onions.
- Add the beans and bananas to the oil.
- Add salt and pepper, stir and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 1liter of water and simmer until the bananas are completely cooked and the water has reduced to about 250ml.
- Serve when still hot.